Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Deja Vous All Over Again

Last week, June 2, was Gavin’s first birthday. However, the night before we received a big surprise. I haven’t posted it here because I didn’t know if I had permission yet and I kept forgetting to ask. I got permission earlier this evening.

Cindy, Jonathan and Gavin came over for a surprise visit on Monday evening, June 1st. Jonathan was wearing his special shirt. This is a shirt we saw him wear only once before. In fact, the last time we saw it was about 20 months ago. This time he was wearing a jacket over it, but I noticed it almost immediately. Nanny didn't see it for a long time because she was too busy giving kisses and loving on Gavin. She didn't notice for a while even when Jonathan took his jacket off and was dancing around in front of her. Although Jonathan is taller, the shirt still fits him.

Here is the front of his shirt:
Here is the back of his shirt:


Yep, before Gavin was a year old and before Jonathan is 15, she has another bun in the oven; she’s in a family way; she has a miracle in the making; she’s eating for two; she’s in a delicate condition; she’s on stork watch; she’s with child; she’s up the duff; she’s in a fix; she had a conception malfunction; she’s preggers; she’s crazy! Well you get the picture by now. Even a U.S. congressman could understand that…I think. Actually we are happy for her. She and Corbin are happy too even though this was unplanned and a surprise for them. We know how they feel as our two girls, Cindy and Cheri, are only 15 months apart and Gavin and the new baby will be 20 months apart.

Primarily we are concerned because she had such a difficult time being pregnant with Gavin. Not only was she sick a lot, extremely uncomfortable, contractions for weeks before his birth, but it also was causing her some heart problems. She has already had two heart surgeries and we are praying this won’t cause more strain or damage. We covet your prayers too, if you are so inclined.

Their due date is February 10. They are hoping for a girl this time and have picked out the name, Grace.

Gavin doesn’t know what to think. But grandma assured him that Nanny and Papa have more than enough love for all the grandkids.

3 comments:

Shari said...

Oh my gosh! What a SWEET face! Congratulations, John! My two grandsons are fifteen months apart. They are now 2 years/4 months and 3 years/7 months. They are coming to spend the next three days with Grandma Shari and Poppy John today.

My sister-in-law just had her FIFTH child in February. They are 17, 14, 12, 5 and 4 months. She is 38. Her new line is: "Have I told you I have five kids?" Mine is: "Have I told you how glad I am it's you and not me?"

Celeste Maia said...

Congratulations, John! And you can count on my prayers that everything goes well for mother and baby. My daughter just gave birth to her second boy who is 20 months younger than his older brother. Tht's why grandparents are always on duty now...and I love it!, Celeste

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baby on the way! What blessings children are! Your grandchildren are so precious. This last one is so big with such beautiful eyes.

I am still reading just haven't commented in awhile. Busy as ever. Today I am baking 240 cupcakes for a wedding tomorrow. Daughter just graduated from high school which will just leave three at home in the fall.

Continued prayers for you and your daughter as she grows this baby.
Sheri