Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

"He is risen! He is risen indeed!" With those words early Christians greeted each other. Only seven words, but with such depth of meaning. If those words were not true there would be no reason to be a Christian. If those words were not true, then Christ would have stayed in the tomb and death would not have been defeated. Do I fully understand everything behind those words? Not really. Do I believe those words? Absolutely. How can one fully comprehend that God became flesh and lived among us? That at the same time He was fully human and fully God? That He who was perfect and without sin loved us so much, even when we were His enemy, that He took upon Himself all of our sin and paid the full price for our redemption? All we have to do is trust and believe it is true. Out of that great love for me and for you, He died for us and then defeated death and rose from the grave. Because I believe that and have put my trust in Him, I am fully confident that when I die I will immediately be with Him in heaven. There is nothing I can do to earn that passage. I can't be good enough. I can't buy my way. I can't force my way. There is only one thing I can do. I just have to trust and believe in the resurrected Christ, the Lord of my life. I am saved! I am being saved! I will be saved!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 (NIV)

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John I love BC
Praise God He Has Risen!!!
Barb